Full Package – Online Training Videos and CBT Resources
This is the motorcycle instructor full package of Online training videos and CBT resources. Ideal for people preparing to become instructors or trainers who are preparing for Cardington. This gives a solid foundation for motorcycle instructors to work from.
The full package of Online training videos and CBT resources is the UK’s number one point of reference. Use it as an instructor guide and resource to deliver guide for Compulsory Basic Training courses.
Trainers can use it as their own personal training aid or use it as a point of reference. The resources are comprehensive, which gives instructors a teaching product that will elevate their training to a higher level.
A look inside the package
Online Training Videos:
Instructors gain access to a full package of CBT instructor training videos. They give instructors the ability to watch the videos in the comfort of their own home while preparing lessons. This eliminates the need to be on-site watching a CBT course being delivered. It gives instructors 24/7 access to online training videos, that can watched at any time on any device.
A full set of written lesson plans is essential for a structured planned approach to delivering lessons. As a result a methodical approach can be adopted, using the EDIP training format to deliver practical motorcycle training.
These Lesson Plans can be used as they are to deliver training, or used as a base to prepare personal lesson plans. They can also be used as a down training aid when training new instructors.
The diagrams are vital for for instructors when teaching learner riders. They give very clear and precise information to new riders, ensuring a better training program is given.
The three sets of diagrams are for on-site training for cone layout, the road ride element of the CBT and a further set of extra diagrams that cover more unusual hazards that riders generally negotiate. The diagrams have been designed and created by instructors for instructors.
For further instructor training resources, visit the VideoBiker website and open a free Motorcycle Instructor account.
CBT Full course guide.
Lesson plans and diagrams follow the CBT syllabus shown below:
- The aims, objectives and content of the Compulsory Basic Training course
- The importance of having the right equipment and clothing
- Be familiar with the motorcycle, its controls and how it works
- Carry out basic machine checks to a satisfactory standard and be able to take the bike on and off the stand satisfactorily
- Wheel the machine around to the left and right showing proper balance and bring the motorcycle to a controlled halt by braking
- Be able to start and stop the engine satisfactorily
- Ride the machine under control in a straight line and bring the machine to a controlled halt
- Be able to ride the machine round a figure of 8 circuits under control
- Ride the machine slowly under control
- Carry out a U-turn manoeuvre satisfactorily
- Bring the machine to stop under full control as in an emergency
- Carry out controlled braking using both brakes
- Change gear satisfactorily
- Carry out rear observation correctly
- Carry out simulated left and right hand turns correctly using the Observation-Signal-Manoeuvre (OSM) and Position-Speed-Look (PSL) routines
- The need to be clearly visible to other road users (the use of conspicuity aids)
- The importance of knowing the legal requirements for riding on the road
- Why motorcyclists are more vulnerable than other road users
- The need to ride at the correct speed according to road and traffic conditions
- The importance of knowing the Highway Code
- The need to ride defensively and anticipate the actions of other road users
- Use rear observation at appropriate times
- Assume the correct road position when riding
- Leave sufficient space when following another vehicle
- The need to pay due regard to the effect of varying weather conditions when riding
- Be aware of the various types of road surface
- The dangers of drug and alcohol use
- The consequences of aggressive attitudes when riding
- The importance of hazard perception
- Pedestrian Crossings
- One Way Systems
- Traffic lights
- Bus Lanes
- Dual Carriageways
- Emergency stop
Please note: The Lesson Plans that form part of this product are downloadable and will be available immediately after purchase. A hard copy of diagrams will be shipped after purchase.
Highly recommend is an 80 or 100 page display folder for the CBT diagrams.