DAS Instructor Training Package
The DAS Instructor Training package is ideal for trainers who do not have all the resources. To become a DAS Instructor, they are an ideal starter pack and are essential for the DVSA Assessment.
The training diagrams are just part of the tool kit for existing instructors. It enables them to give thorough instruction at the roadside when discussing riding issues. To learner riders a picture paints a thousand words, this gives exact instruction on road position and other riding mistakes.
The DAS Lesson Plans are essential for preparing for the DVSA DAS Assessment. Or they can be used as a point of reference for existing instructors who do not have any training aids or diagrams.
A display folder is vital to keep the diagrams weatherproof. It enables instructors to mark or draw on the diagrams to highlight certain issues, while giving guidance to students.
The lesson plans and training diagrams have been methodically prepared to cover the following DAS lessons:
SESSION 1 – Theory
- Show and tell the student the main differences between the large and smaller motorcycle, as used in a CBT
SESSION 2 – On-Site Handling Assessment
- Moving off and stopping the bike
- Controlled braking
- Slow riding skills
- Slow controlled turning (similar to the ‘figure of 8’ exercise on CBT)
SESSION 3 – On-Road Assessment
- Positioning for normal riding and dealing with bends
- Negotiating left and right turns at junctions
- Dealing with different types of crossroads
- Dealing with town centre riding
- Negotiating roundabouts
- Dealing with dual carriageways
- Dealing with other traffic safely when following behind and overtaking other vehicles
- Moving off from all positions
- Riding in areas with a national speed limit
- Joining and leaving dual carriageways and following behind other traffic
- Dealing with overtaking, meeting, filtering and leaving enough clearance to stationary vehicles
- Moving off, the emergency stop exercise, u-turn exercises (pushing and riding) and taking the motorcycle on and off the stand
Please note: The lesson plans are a downloadable product and will be available for immediate download after purchase. A hard copy of all diagrams will be posted.
The diagrams can be kept in good condition in a display folder. Recommended for this product is a 100 page display folder, to protects contents from poor weather conditions.