Routes to Becoming a ERS Instructor

How do I become an ERS Instructor?

Start With CBT

The natural route through Motorcycle Instructor Training, starts with becoming a CBT Down trained instructor, to DVSA assessed and then DAS Assessed.

If you’re not already DAS qualified you’ll also need to take the DVSA training course before becoming an ERS Instructor.


To become an Enhanced Rider Scheme Instructor you will need an advanced rider qualification. 

You’ll need one of the following:


You’ll also need a theory test. This includes 100 multiple-choice questions and a hazard perception test.

Your Free Sample

We're giving away a free sample pack, have it sent straight to your inbox today.

Just for you...